Subscribe to Feed
YouTube
27 Jun 2011

A Few Bits and Bobs

Posted by Rebecca

Sorry for the lack of posts this week I've been at home and the internet is shockingly slow and hasn't been letting me upload photos! Anyway these a few bits I picked up in London last week, I got some great deals in the sale so I thought I'd share.


Excuse the bad photos here, I'm still learning!
The deal of the day was the Laura Mercier set in the Selfridges sale. It contains one full size tinted moisturiser, one smaller and a foundation primer. All for £21! I also picked up a few Bourjois items as they were 3 for 2 in Superdrug (more photos below). With my £5 Body Shop voucher from In Style magazine I got a mini satsuma body butter, I thought it would be great to take on holiday. The toothpaste is a bit of a boring one to include, but it apparently whitens teeth by one shade in one week. I was a bit skeptical when I saw the ad for this, but it was half price so I thought it was worth a shot. I've been using it for over a week now and can't say I've noticed a difference really, but who knows what constitutes 'one shade' of whiteness? Has anyone else tried it out and noticed a difference? The last items were some body scrubs from the Boots Extracts range.

So the Bourjois items...


I hadn't noticed this product before or seen any reviews of it. It's a highlighter product, and I'm still not sure on this. When you swatch it with your finger you get a nice pink toned highlight but if you apply it with a brush it just translates on to the skin as glitter, not a great look! Has anyone tried this?



This product is far more talked about. I bought it as I'd heard numerous youtubers talking about it as a 'matte' bronzer. I saw it in the store and picked it up without looking at it really. This turned out to be a bad idea. It is certainly not what I would call matte, it quite clearly has glitter in it as you can see in the photo. It also says on the packaging, really should have read that! Does anyone know if there is another shade of this that is matte? I'm pretty sure I've heard many people calling it a matte bronzer, so I was pretty disappointed when I got home and tried it.


These scrubs are a great product, that I'd urge anyone to try. They're reasonably priced (£7.99) for the size, and are the best scrub I've tried. They're really thick and 'proper' sugar scrubs, not watery at all. they leave your skin feeling smooth and moisturised, smell delicious and last ages.


Just a closer look at the Laura Mercier set. I've only used it a couple of times and I'm liking it so far. It has great coverage for a tinted moisturiser yet still feels light.


This was another great deal. £10.50 in the Debenhams sale online, I'd never tried a Guerlain lipstick before this as the price always out me off. For more details on this lipstick visit this post.

Thanks for reading, that seemed pretty long for a haul, hope you weren't bored. I'm going to get back to blogging more frequently now that I'm back in London with fast internet!. Hope you're all well :)


6 comments:

Katie Crunch said...

wow you got some great stuff! that lippy package is lush, and I can tell I would want to eat that mango sugar scrub looks juicy!! xxx
pinksugarlump.blogspot.com

Lianne said...

Thanks so much for following! I love that bourjois bronzer :)

xoxo

Chloe said...

I've tried the Bourjois highlighter before and I hated it! You're right, it's just like glitter. I ended up just binning it! Maybe you could try it as an eyeshadow? xx

Gorgeous Glam said...

That kiss kiss lipstick is gorgeous! Love all your finds! xo

Rebecca said...

Thanks for the comments girls :)

xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Heard lots about the Bourjois Healthy Mix, I might try it :)

http://kellysbudgetmakeup.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Twitter