Subscribe to Feed
YouTube
11 Aug 2011

Golden Oldies...

Posted by Rebecca


....vintage Estée Lauder make up catalogue. Whilst my boyfriend was tidying up at his home a few weeks ago he told me he came across an Estée Lauder catalogue from 1987! I was amazed and wanted to see it straight away, an excitement he certainly didn't share. I was intrigued to see how much the style make up had changed in the last 24 years. The thing that struck me immediately was in fact the opposite, to me it doesn't seem to have changed a great deal and could easily be mistaken for less that 10 years old. I've included a scanned version of the catalogue below.


 Let me know what you think? Do you think the brand/packaging/style of make up has changed a lot? 





       











If only the prices were still the same.....

Please visit my Flickr for clearer images and let me know what you think in the comments :)


Thanks for reading.




1 comments:

TheClaudiaCouture said...

Wow- what a great find ! I love looking at old makeup adverts and packaging too ! If you are interested in the history of makeup and cosmetics you should check out the series that Lisa Eldridge made on her YT channel. Lisa did a series categorised by different eras and spoke to a historian to find out about the popular products at the time! If you haven't seen it already, you must ! Its like watching something on the history channel- but about makeup !!
I agree with you- wouldn't it be great if the prices had remained the same!!??
Thanks for the fabulous post! Hope you have a great weekend!
xoxo

Post a Comment

Twitter