Subscribe to Feed
YouTube
8 Jun 2011

There's no Such Thing as a Free Lipgloss....

Posted by Rebecca

.....or is there? This month Red magazine are giving away a free full size Jemma Kidd lipgloss worth £14 with every issue (priced at £3.80, maybe not completely free). There are three shades available - coral, pink and red. I picked up the 'pink' shade, personally I think it's more of a peachy/nude colour. This is my first item for the Jemma Kidd Make Up School range and I was pleasantly surprised. It was also my first purchase of Red magazine and so far so good, it has some great informative articles on skin care and diet.


The lipgloss is named a 'Hi-Shine Silk Touch Lipgloss' and the shade I have is number 17 Petal. I wouldn't say the lipgloss is particularly Hi-Shine, just a normal level, but is definitely silky and creamy on the lips. The packaging is nothing amazing (plastic and a doe-foot applicator), but does feel sturdy and the lid has the soft rubbery texture of Nars packaging. I was expecting another nude lipgloss similar to the Barry M lipgloss wands, but this is far more pigmented and can be worn alone to give a great peachy/nude shade as shown below (cue embarrassing lip shots).


From the swatches you can see the colour is buildable, the top swatch on each hand is with a few layers and the bottom with one. The actual colour is somewhere in between the two photos, not quite as nude as it appears in the flash photo. I think it's a prefect summer shade and a brilliant lipgloss, I'm definitely tempted to purchase the other two shades too. If you've never tried any Jemma Kidd products either this is the perfect chance to do so.


Another great freebie this month is a full size Leighton Denny nail polish with Harper's Bazaar. Again there are three shades available - a classic red, bright orange and a nude. I (again) opted for the nude shade, Supermodel, after hearing great reviews on it.


I have tried some Leighton Denny products before (treatment and a file) but never a coloured polish. The shade is a nice everyday nude/greige colour but is nothing particularly special or unique. The coverage after one coat is wearable but I always prefer to use two. The photos below are of two coats and the Nails Inc Kensington Caviar topcoat.


I would recommend this nail polish, the quality is comparable to that of Nails Inc and OPI, as expected. This is a great way to add a high end polish to your collection if you can't face spending £11 on one (as I often can't!).

Thanks for reading my first(!) proper blog post. Please comment and tell me your thoughts on any of these products if you've tried, and feel free to leave you blog link/recommendations, I'm looking for some new blogs to follow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oooh i love the lippy colours xxxxx

Rebecca said...

Thanks for commenting. It's a great colour! xxxxxx

Post a Comment

Twitter